Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Quick Facts

Bets news of the day: I HAVE A CLASSROOM!! YESSSS. I am no longer floating. This may not seem like amazing news, but Good Lord it will make my year so much happier I believe.

Best quote of the day: Our principal getting up in front of the school at our meeting with the superintendent and saying (direct quote), "We have it rough at West Meck!" audience applause..."We have kids coming to school pistol whipping other kids over the weekend and bringing all that baggage with them to school on Monday." I was like...what? Did she just say that out loud??

This came just before our gang workshop where we learned that if you see "5 poppin, 6 droppin" written anywhere, it means that the Bloods are going to shoot up some Crips. 5 shooting and 6 dead. We have a decently size gang problem at our school; Crips will cross out all the B's on tests to diss the Bloods and signs are thrown up around the school on a regular basis.

Also, I have asked the principal and athletic director if I can take the Head JV Women's Basketball coaching position...hopefully I'll get it, but there are some complications with stealing a math teacher from another school which may be facilitated if said person were to take a head coaching position - small stipulation in the CMS school rules.

No comments: