Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Enough with the negative.

Yes, it has been tough. Honestly, this break I have come to the conclusion that perhaps my best move for optimal mental health may be to resign after completing one year...it will all depend on how I am feeling in June.

Nevertheless, I then think about the 90 students at my school whose teacher is on indefinite "sick leave" and has had a substitute hand them worksheets everyday for the past three and a half months. This is atrociously unfair; just another example of the great injustice of our time that is far from truly being discovered by the average US citizen. I know that I am showing up to work (when not sick enough to go to the ER) and trying my best for my students. My classroom management or plan for the day may not be the best, but I will persevere and give these next months my all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang tough, fish. if there's anybody who i know can make the best of a hard situation it's you. don't forget that your impact on these kids is more than a minute-to-minute or day-to-day kind of thing. we're so lucky for the educational opportunities that we've had throughout our lives, and you're giving these kids a glimpse at what they could/should have. even if it takes them a while to see how valuable your service is, i don't doubt that many of them will thank you down the road.

you're a trooper, keep up the blogging!

rachel strong