Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Aaand, another near fight!

I wrote a written statement about this super duper occurrence today, check it out:

Statement regarding the altercation between Sekina and Shawn that took place on 9/23/08 at 2:20pm.

During class a group of girls including Shawn began talking. Sekina, sitting a few feet away from the group, somehow got involved in a verbal dispute. In the beginning it did not seem more than playful banter; however, as the conversation became more heated it became clear that it might be going somewhere serious.

Both Shawn and Sekina raised their voices and exchanged curse words. Neither one moved from her desk at first. As the cursing became more aggressive and the voices louder, Shawn stood up in retaliation, threw off her jacket and approached Sekina in a confrontational manner.

At this point I was close by and got in front of Shawn – between the two students. Shawn attempted to get close to Sekina but I was able to keep them apart. Sekina stood up at one point during this; but because my back was turned, I do not know whether she stood to move away from the situation or to stand for a fight.

I pulled Shawn into the hallway, and stood in the doorway in order to keep the students separate. Shawn lightly attempted to get by me to get back in the room, but did not push me at all once in the hallway. Sekina did not attempt to rush the door to confront Shawn.

Outside the classroom in the hall, Shawna calmed down and walked down the hall away from the classroom. I believe that the dispute was over whether someone had been talking about the other behind her back. Additionally, from what I heard, this fight will likely be taken off school grounds to continue in the future.

Kathryne Fisher 9/23 2:45pm

No comments: